1) The School does not offer scholarships based on particular talents or attributes. Financial aid is for families who have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
2) If a family believes they will need financial aid at any point during a child’s time at Groton, they must apply for aid at the outset. Families will not be considered for aid if it is not requested during the admission application process. If a family’s financial circumstances change significantly, the School will make every effort to provide assistance.
3) Groton School's financial aid committee will consider the financial resources of both biological parents. For divorced or separated parents, a separate Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) should be completed for each parent.
4) Groton actively seeks students from all socioeconomic backgrounds. We allocate $7.1 million toward financial aid for our population of 380 students, and 42 percent of our students receive some degree of assistance.
5) Be sure to apply for financial aid in a timely manner. The deadline for returning applicants is December 15. The deadline for new applicants is January 15.
If you wish to submit required documents by mail, send to School and Student Services, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021. If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at 800-344-8328.